Pages

The Faces of Guillain Barre 2017

Thursday, March 2, 2017 0 Comments

May is quickly approaching and with it is our chance to spread awareness about GBS. May is Guillain Barre syndrome awareness month. Last year I created a series on my blog called "The Faces of Guillain Barre". I was blessed enough to have enough support to spot light one GBS story a day.

I had so many well wishes and thank you for featuring this series. I'm excited to receive more stories to be able to make this happen again this May. I need at least 30 testimonials but would love to be able to share more. Or carry it on throughout the year.

Any story is welcomed. I just need them by April 7th. Im hoping to have a well rounded line up. Here are some topics I would love to include;

Newly Diagnosed
5 years out
10 years out
20 years out
Permanently in a wheelchair
Kids
Stem Cell transplant
Memory loss
Has a blog
Wrote a book
GBS triggered by- Flu shot, Pregnancy, Surgery, Zika Virus

Same family
Relapsed
CIDP
Locked in Syndrome
Medical Canabis
Men
Teenagers
Future health problems- other auto immune disease or cancer, ect

Service animal
Other Countries
Athletes
Feeding Tubes
Ventilator
Has young kids
Extended IVIG
Misdiagnosed
Hyperbaric chamber
Miller Fisher
AMAN
AMSAN
Chemo
Surgery for foot drop

All I ask is a summary of your GBS journey, treatments used, date diagnosed, where you are from, at least one picture but the more the better. A before, during and current picture would be great.

We are so blessed to be apart of great community. Sharing my story and writing on my blog has been unexpectedly therapeutic.

A special thank you to all of you who participated last year. I would love an update and to repost your stories!

Please email stories by April 7th.
justinesgbsjourney@gmail.com