Pages

The Faces of Guillain Barré 2018

Friday, January 5, 2018 0 Comments

THE FACES OF GUILLAIN BARRE 2018


May is quickly approaching and with it is our chance to spread awareness about GBS. May is Guillain Barre syndrome awareness month. In 2016 I created a series on my blog called "The Faces of Guillain Barre". I was blessed enough to have enough support to spot light one GBS story a day. In 2017 it grew to feature sometimes 2 fighters a day. In total there is over 70 stories under the "The Faces of Guillain Barré" tab.

I had so many well wishes and thank you for featuring this series. I'm excited to receive more stories to be able to make this happen again this May. I need at least 30 testimonials but would love to be able to share more. I know we are 4 months out but I wanted to give anyone that is interested a head start. I know life can get in the way. I would absolutely love to feature 60 people this year.

If you have sent me your story before and I havent published it, please shoot me another email. I'm still happy to post it but sometimes life happens and I need a reminder.

Any story is welcomed. It can be written by the fighter their self or a loved one. Im hoping to have a well rounded line up. Here are some topics I would love to include;

Newly Diagnosed
🐢5 years out
🐢10 years out
🐢20 years out
🐢Permanently in a wheelchair
🐢Kids before or after GBS
🐢Stem Cell transplant
🐢Memory loss
🐢Fellow bloggers
🐢Authors
🐢GBS triggered by- Flu shot, Pregnancy, Surgery, Zika Virus, ect.
🐢Same family
🐢Relapsed
🐢CIDP
🐢Locked in Syndrome
🐢Medical Cannabis
🐢Essential Oil users
🐢Men
🐢Teenagers
🐢Future health problems- other auto immune disease or cancer, ect
🐢Prople with a Service animal
🐢Other Countries besides the U.S.
🐢Athletes
🐢Feeding Tubes
🐢Ventilator
🐢Extended IVIG
🐢Misdiagnosed
🐢Hyperbaric chamber
🐢Miller Fisher
🐢AMAN
🐢AMSAN
🐢Chemo
🐢Surgery for foot drop

All I ask is a summary of your GBS journey, treatments used, date diagnosed, what triggered your GBS and where you are from. I will need at least one picture since this series is called "The 'faces' of Guillain Barré" the more pictures the better. A before, during and current picture would be great. If you are using Word or something similar try to keep it under 3 pages 😄

We are so blessed to be apart of great community. Sharing my story and writing on my blog has been unexpectedly therapeutic. It has led me to some priceless friendships.

A special thank you to all of you who participated the last  two years. I would love an update and to repost your stories!

Please email stories by April 7th.
justinesgbsjourney@gmail.com
To help me and my organization, only stories emailed to the above address will be accepted.