Pages

Guillain Barré Awareness Rocks

Monday, October 23, 2017 0 Comments

Have you heard of painting rocks?

Painting and hiding rocks is a fun activity being done all over the world. Its an easy way to make others smile. I joined a few local groups and participated in on the fun.




I thought it would be the perfect way to spread awareness about Guillain Barré Syndrome. So I created a group on Facebook. Id love for any of to join and help spread awareness. On the group I have added some info about GBS and will continue doing so. When someone finds a GBS Rock they can come to the group to learn about GBS.




As someone who is recovering from GBS, painting rocks has been a great outlet for me. Its helped with my dexterity and anxiety. Hiding and finding them has gotten me out of the house so much than usual. Im walking more and more and having fun 💙🐢 Its been a great thing to do with my niece, Hadlie and nephew, Hagen.








Its easy and fun! All you need is some paint (I use the .50 cent craft paint from Walmart and old nail polish), brushes, rocks (I get mine from my front yard. No need for anything fancy), and clear spray paint. Optional is a printer to print the QR Code (in files) and Modge Podge.




Pinterest is a great reference for ideas. Just have fun. Feel free to paint ribbons, turtles, motivational lines, ect. On the back of the rock please write "FB- Guillain Barre Awareness Rocks". Hash tags work too! #GBSAWARENESSROCKS. I also add our local rock group and my hashtag #thegimpygirlwhocould

Once you hide a GBS Rock, post a picture and its location- Town and State. When someone finds it they can come to this page, find your picture and post that they found it.



If you find a rock you can choose to keep it or rehide it. If you rehide it, please post a picture and where its located and where you first found it at. Lets see how far these rocks and knowledge of GBS can go.

Lets get the word out about Guillain Barré Syndrome 💙🐢

🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢🐢

Please join us on Facebook- Guillain Barre Awareness Rocks

https://www.facebook.com/groups/737860246420891/

If you already paint rocks we would love if you would add our group info and #GBSAWARENESSROCKS to the back.

Here is a link to a story our local paper wrote about the local group im in. They even nention me but mispelt my last name lol

http://m.appeal-democrat.com/corning_observer/news/corning-rocks-how-one-simple-program-is-drawing-major-support/article_57b202f2-b47c-11e7-8bf9-2b854da8a5e3.html?mode=jqm