Pages

365 Days of Writing: Day 2- What I'm most grateful for

Monday, January 2, 2017 0 Comments

Day 2: What I'm most grateful for

 


Having a chronic illness really made be appreciate what I have in life. I know how lucky I am to have such an amazing, devoted husband. A dad who is there when I need him and to fill both the mother and father roll. Hands down I could not have survived my hospital stay without my dad and Bryan. I will forever be grateful for them for always putting me first.


 

January 2015- Bryan and I... I had no idea how I looked, I thought I was smiling. This was when my eyes first opened after being closed for 5 weeks... but then they wouldn't close for months.


 

Dad and I on our "Independence day" from Sutter- Roseville Rehab 


 

Both Bryan and Dad trying to but my hair in a pony tail lol.



My family; aunts, uncles, cousins, siblings, my nieces and nephews, friends who have become Family, my community and so much more.


 

My cousin Kasie and Aunt Kim camped out in my room in the ICU


 

Kasie, my aunt Leann and grandma visiting me after I was transferred to Sutter- Roseville Rehab... I'm definitely grateful to have my smile back and to not have a catheter 😬


I have a place to call home. Plenty of munchkins to love and spoil. The best and fattest dog who loves me. I can take care of myself- wipe my own ass (yay), drive again. I feel like I'm finally on the path to getting my life back.


 

Photo by- Matt Sanchez 



 

Sage and I- March 2016... Photo by- Matt Sanchez


I can open and close my eyes when I chose. I can breathe on my own and not depend on a machine. I can tell the ones that I love how much they meen to me. I can walk. There is so much to be grateful for. 


I'm a lucky lady and so very blessed to get a second chance at life. There is always something to be grateful for!