Pages

The Faces of Guillain Barre 2017: Day 12, Part 1- Maria

Friday, May 12, 2017 0 Comments


My name is Maria and I am from Venezuela but I live in Miami Fl. I am now 7 years out. I was in a Wheelchair for 4 months. I was able to get married and give birth to a baby 5 years later. (Natural birth no problems) 

The night I became paralyzed I was taken to the hospital ..... I don't remember anything there. I received plasma treatment and help to breath but no need for a ventilator in my case. This was around April 2010 I do not recall the day .. I lost my memory for a good month I  had a lot of inflammation in my cerebellum. 

I am from Venezuela so my family was not here so no pictures were taken ... (thank god) and I never took a picture of me when I was bad. It was a very dark moment in my life a lot of depression being alone in this country and have all this complications. 

I am a very positive person so this was hard for me. 

Doing PT 

We have to keep fighting to get our life together :).

Love to all!


I have my on Facebook page, Instagram and youtube channel about how to live better with Foot Drop

https://www.facebook.com/womenwithfootdrop/posts/1834472333502788:0

@womenwithfootdrop

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCiik1Q5IaJXDO93D9eJJhtA