Pages

The Faces of Guillain Barre 2017: Day 25, Part 1- Jesus

Thursday, May 25, 2017 0 Comments


It seems like it was yesterday.
I even imagined I was starting to have symptoms of the disease; A simple stiffness, leg cramps, numb hands ... The truth is I was not paying attention because my nervous system began to fail, and that was his way of asking for help.


When I went to the doctor, I could barely walk, and I couldn't drive, because I had no strength to turn the ignition key with both hands ... Fortunately, we have a good health system, so I had a quick diagnosis, and more efficient care. (GBS AMAN type. Between medium and severe level) 

Today, 2 years later, I could not be more grateful to those professionals who treated me so kindly, and through them I had bearable days during my stay in the hospital.


Also I have a lot to thank the people of physiotherapy, with patience and determination they helped me regain much of my mobility and of course, who has supported  me with their company, and any kind of help. And those who have been here, in person, or from the distance. Thanks to all.


2 years later, I can not complain about my progress, ( I still have aftermath in legs and hands). I can walk,  do sports... I can have an independent life. GBS will be always with me, but I've learned the most important lesson: Never giving up, and always living in the present.


Jesus Gomez Hormigo. (Instagram: jesus_gh_71)