Pages

Day 12- The Faces of Guillain Barre: Stacey McCloud's Story

Thursday, May 12, 2016 0 Comments
My name is Stacey McCloud I am 48 years old & I live in Michigan. I got GBS when I was 17 years old from a cold in Florida 32 years ago, it started with weakness in my legs and I was having a hard time walking and my bladder wasn't working. I went to bed that night, the next morning I got up with severe pain like my legs were on fire and fell down and couldn't move my legs at all...

My parents drove me to the ER and I was admitted for paralysis with in 24 hours. My legs had no muscle left at all and started to spread up the rest of my body. I had a spinal tap that confirmed GBS. I am now left with a drop foot and no muscle in my right leg and severe chronic fatigue. I do work a full time job for the insurance, drive with 2 feet w/ a handicap tag on my car.



I am so glad that there are others out there to talk to because we all have different things wrong with us that doctors just don't have the answers.