Pages

Day 19- The Faces of Guillain Barre: Kelsey's Story

Thursday, May 19, 2016 0 Comments
On August 22nd 2010 I was diagnosed with Guillain Barré Syndrome. At first i was paralyzed from the waist down. After a week of physical therapy the virus hit me again but this time I was completely paralyzed. I lost vison in both my eyes and bacame cross eyed for awhile. I had so many set backs from being sick and spraining my ankles. I was terrified that my life was at an end. I was over dosed on morphine and adivane. It completely shut down my breathing. I was then placed on oxygen to help me breath.

I lost over 80 pounds from being in the hospital. I was released from the hospital in October 2010. Since then I have graduated high scool. Currently I am a stay home mom with a beautiful daughter that is 1 and a half.



Here is a link to an article written about Kelsey-